Account Director - Melbourne
The Brand Agency, part of Australia’s largest communications group WPP AUNZ, is looking for a talented Account Director with strong integrated experience to join their Melbourne team. This is a rare opportunity to work at a leading advertising agency on one of Australia’s most iconic retail brands.
You’ll work closely with the strategy team on major projects and manage your own team to ensure smooth delivery of integrated retail campaigns. You’ll build solid relationships with key clients and showcase a strong desire to really ‘own’ this division of the business.
This role will see you:
- Enjoy the support of the senior management team as you develop and thrive within an environment that's all about collaboration, work/life balance and recognition for a job well done
- Forge strong and enduring relationships with key clients and become the day-to-day ‘go-to’ for mid-higher level requests
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of your division and team from an operational, creative, production and financial standpoint
- Develop a clear understanding of the brand strategy and communication guidelines to ensure that all work remains strategically and tonally sound
- Leverage your strong communication skills to engage with clients, negotiate challenges and share solutions in a compelling way
- Work closely with media partners from briefing through to development and implementation
- Appropriately and effectively manage up (SAD/GM) and down (AM/SAE) to ensure smooth and timely management of projects and updates
Who we are looking for
This role would suit a highly-experienced SAM that’s ready to step up to Account Director level. You’re agile, proactive and blend strong thinking with excellent project management skills.
You’ve got a vast amount of campaign experience and are looking for room to oversee major projects, all whilst mentoring your team to collectively deliver high quality output. You're all about a 'can do' attitude, remain calm under pressure, enjoy sinking your teeth into any new challenge and find ways to add value. Most of all, you're about getting the detail right, not just getting it done.
You will have at least 5-6 years in the industry and prior experience at an integrated advertising agency. Time on a retail account is also advantageous.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV and cover letter to Sarah Horder: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in Australia.
We appreciate your understanding that only successful applicants will be contacted, and that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we are unable to reply to individual phone calls or emails.
No recruitment consultants please.