NZ Strategy & Insights Manager - Auckland
The Brand Agency, part of Australia's largest communications group WPP AUNZ, has a new opportunity for a Strategy & Insights Manager in our Auckland office. This is a challenging role with rapid turn-around times in a constantly changing operating environment.
The role of the NZ Strategy & Insights Manager is:
To monitor and provide clear and actionable customer, competitor and market insights
- Informal research, monitoring, analysis and report writing (with strong focus on data)
- Monitor and analyse the communications and business of key competitors
- Carry out both ad hoc and continuous analysis of the external market environment (NZ) and to deliver key findings and insights to the Central Strategy Team (CST) to support strategic and tactical decision making
- Initiate and prepare written reports for client dissemination that assists them with understanding competitor activity, changing customer trends/needs/wants/desires and market information
- Actively explore insights. Testing hypothesis. Discussing these and identifying which warrant further exploration
- Combine external market insights, customer insights and competitor analysis into potential strategic and tactical communications, opportunities and recommendations
To represent "the voice of the client's customers" and support the decision making process by ensuring the needs and wants of customers are understood and taken into account through formal and informal research methods
- Support key stakeholders in developing consistent and streamlined methods of collecting and sharing customer data
- Ensure that new customer insights and their subsequent impacts are integrated into all Strategic Plans
- Significantly involved in the briefing, assessment and integration of research and other projects
Assists in steering the direction of the client's brand and ensures that the brand strategy is consistently applied day to day in NZ
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the client's brand and makes persuasive arguments for its consistent application
- Develop techniques for understanding and engaging with local needs in NZ
- Involved in campaign planning, helping to establish the strategic view around briefs and writing briefs
- Helps brief, direct and analyse media recommendations from the media agency
- Talks up the Strategic Plan and its role in the success of agency initiatives
- Helps keep the agency team up to date with current thinking and case studies beyond our client's brand
To provide project support and project management to the Central Strategy Team
- Desktop research
- Document writing, formatting and presentation preparation
- Develop and manage macro plans
- Maintain accurate work-in-progress documentation
- Maintain publication and reference library
Who we are looking for
This role is ideal for someone who is highly inquisitive, project driven and has strong emotional intelligence. The ability to think through complex problems from start to finish and build persuasive arguments (including presentations and documents) is imperative.
3-4 years' experience in a strategy and/or insights role is preferred, this could be from an advertising, marketing or research background. Degree in marketing or related field required.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV and a brief cover letter to Courtney Larson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30 June 2017
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
We appreciate your understanding that only successful applicants will be contacted, and that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we are unable to reply to individual phone calls or emails.
No recruitment consultants please.