Strategy Insights Manager - Melbourne
The Brand Agency, part of Australia's largest communications group WPP AUNZ, has a new opportunity for a Strategy Insights Manager in our Melbourne office. This is a challenging role with rapid turn-around times in a constantly changing operating environment.
The role of the Strategy Insights Manager is:
To support the Central Strategy Team (CST) and projects
- Provide support to the strategy team as required across a range of tasks, projects, and market
- Manage critical project elements & deliver to deadlines
- Apply general problem-solving skills to market challenges to deliver applicable solutions within given timeframes
- Work with internal & external partners to acquire required information & inputs
- Desktop research, document writing, formatting & presentation preparation
- Maintain accurate work-in-progress documentation
Proactive monitoring and reporting of customer, competitor, category and market insights
- Desktop research; monitoring, analysis and report writing
- Monitor and analyse the communications and business of key competitors using primary & secondary research techniques to enable the business to gain key strategic advantages
- Carry out both ad hoc and continuous analysis of the market environment and deliver key findings and insights to the CST to support strategic and tactical decision making
- Initiate and prepare written reports for client dissemination that assists them with understanding competitor activity, changing customer trends/needs/wants/desires and market information
- Development & maintenance of an insight & publication library
To represent the ‘voice of the customers’ and support the decision-making process by ensuring the needs and wants of customers are understood and taken into account
- Support key stakeholders in developing consistent and streamlined approaches to customer strategies
- Assist the strategy team in ensuring new customer insights & their subsequent impacts are considered & integrated into Strategic Plans
- Assist in the development & delivery of strategic agendas, based on customer insight, that will help achieve the client’s business needs
Demonstrate an interest in consumer behavior, brand marketing and organisational problem solving
- Take personal responsibility to learn & develop up-to-date strategic capabilities in line with role & responsibilities
Who we are looking for
This role is ideal for someone who is highly inquisitive, project driven and has strong emotional intelligence. The ability to think through complex problems from start to finish and build persuasive arguments (including presentations and documents) is imperative.
2+ years' experience in a similar advertising or marketing role is preferred. Degree in marketing or related field required.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV and a brief cover letter to Natalie Wade: email@example.com
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in Australia.
We appreciate your understanding that only successful applicants will be contacted, and that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we are unable to reply to individual phone calls or emails.
No recruitment consultants please.