Account Director - Melbourne
The Brand Agency, part of Australia’s largest communications group WPP AUNZ, is looking for an experienced Account Director with strong agency experience to join their Melbourne team. This is a rare opportunity to work at a leading advertising agency on the ongoing expansion of one of Australia’s most iconic retail brands into a new and exciting market.
You’ll work closely with our London office to help manage the strategy and creative development of retail campaigns for 2 well known brands, both based in the UK. Managing a local team, the role requires the ability to build strong relationships within the business, both in the Melbourne and UK offices.
This role will see you:
- Enjoy the support of the senior management team as you develop and thrive within an environment that's all about collaboration, work/life balance and recognition for a job well done
- Forge strong and enduring relationships with our UK office and become the day-to-day ‘go-to’ for mid-higher level requests
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of your division and team from an operational, creative, production and financial standpoint
- Develop a clear understanding of the differing brand strategies and guidelines to ensure that all work remains strategically and tonally sound
- Leverage your strong communication skills to negotiate challenges and share solutions in a compelling way
- Appropriately and effectively manage up (CEO/GM) and down (AE/SAE) to ensure smooth and timely management of projects and updates
Who we are looking for
This role would suit an experienced AD who has managed a team and is able to build strong relationships.
You’re able to blend strong thinking with excellent project management skills and work with different departments within the agency to get the job done. The ability to make decisions in a timely manner and find solutions to unique problems is key to this role.
You will have the ability to mentor a young team to ensure high quality output across the board, while also being involved in major projects at a strategic and creative level. You enjoy taking on new challenges and with no two days being the same – you’re calm under pressure and always looking for the best solution.
The role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills – as key stakeholders include the MD in Melbourne, CEO in Perth, and a large team based in the UK.
You will have at least 8 years in the industry and prior experience at an integrated advertising agency, ideally with a strong retail background.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV and cover letter to Alison Ray: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role, you must have the right to live and work in Australia.
We appreciate your understanding that only successful applicants will be contacted, and that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we are unable to reply to individual phone calls or emails.
No recruitment consultants please.