How content production can shape consumers actions
Google has released some useful research on the habits of smartphone users, proving mobile content production is more important than ever.
- 91% of smartphone users turn to their phone for ideas while doing a given task.
- 82% of smartphone users turn to their phone to influence a purchase decision while in a store.
- 62% of smartphone users are more likely to take action right away toward solving an unexpected problem or new task because they have a smartphone.
Is your content mobile-friendly?
Savvy marketers know that producing relevant content is an integral part of their marketing strategy when seeking to engage with their audience, build relationships and ultimately encourage sales. Whether the content is educational, informative or entertaining, for a business to be established as an expert in their field they must deliver consistent content that is relevant to the consumer and effectively improves their lives.
Consumers will no longer spend time trawling through websites for information; content must be instant and solutions easily available. SEO aside, a brand is more visible to the consumer through delivering consistent content (not just writing a blog when you feel like it) and ensuring content is mobile-friendly.
What does the consumer expect?
- Mobile-friendly, easily accessible content
- Content that directly relates to what the consumer is searching for that will help shape their actions or fulfill a purpose
- Quality content that is credible and trusted
“Mobile has forever changed the way we live, and it’s forever changed what we expect of brands. It’s fractured the consumer journey into hundreds of real-time, intent-driven micro-moments. Each one is a critical opportunity for brands to shape our decisions and preferences.” - Google
Google’s use of the term ‘micro-moments’ is significant in the way a brand should view content. To be in the consumers vision there must be consistent and relevant content. This does not necessarily mean it has to be all original content as some marketers may be time-poor or simply do not have the resources. Content can be re-cycled and re-purposed, plus curated content can be re-branded (as long as credit is given).
For more information on how to create content for your business, get in touch. The Brand Agency can provide cost-effective resources to help build your content library and push your brand to the forefront.